Who doesn’t love a great family recipe that ends up being your go to dish.
This section is for those that wish to freely share their recipe with others.
The only requirements to be featured are these:
- They must list your name when added to the site
- They must be typed and sent electronically to email@example.com OR to the Facebook Inbox
- They cannot be one that is from a magazine, online supplier, Pinterest, etc.
- A photo to accompany the recipe is preferred, but not required.
Additions will post to this post as received.
- 3 cups- all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl.
Add corona (or whatever beer you like). Pour half of the butter into a loaf pan. Spoon batter into pan. Top with remaining butter. Sometimes I add a little garlic to the butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- 1 12oz bottle of corona beer
- 1 stick of real butter (melted)
(note: margarine does not work well with this recipe)
Jammy’s (Grandma’s) Apple Cake
* Submitted by Pamela
- 4 Cups Apples peeled and sliced
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter Softened
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour (all purpose)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
Cream butter & sugar. Add Eggs and beat well.Mix all dry ingredients together then add to butter, sugar & eggs mixture. Add apples. Stir apples into mixture.
Place into a 13×9 greased pan (DO NOT FLOUR PAN). Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until brown on top and tooth pick inserted into middle comes out clean.
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
* Submitted by Melissa Stillwell
- 1 Rotisserie chicken (deboned)
- 1 pkg frozen Southern Hashbrowns
- 1 pkg frozen peas and carrots
- 1 pig frozen sweet corn
- 1 lg and 1 small can
Cream of Mushroom condensed soup
- 1 sm can Chicken Broth
- 1 med Onion, diced
- 1 8oz pig fresh Mushrooms, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
We like ours thicker than typical soup & over biscuits. You can thin with additional water or broth; or add a little flour to thicken.
* Submitted by Pam
Note: Make sure to add ingredients in the order listed
- 1 Head of Lettuce, bite size pieces
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package bacon baked at 400 degrees
- (about 10 minutes cooled and chopped)
- 1/3 Cup parmesian cheese
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
Place ingredients in large bowl in order listed above. Refrigerate Overnight. Remove from refrigerator the next day. Mix all ingredients together very well. Serve.
Rump Roast or Chuck Roast
* Submitted by Kylie Arnold
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom
- 3 cans of water
- 6 Tbsp of Flour
- 5 beef bouillon cubes
- Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder
Cook in crock pot on high for 7 hours
Take roast out and add Flour or Cornstarch to sauce to thicken for gravy. Serve with mashed taters and a veggie!
* Submitted by Anna Coons
- Half a ham (with bone)
- 1 bag Brown sugar
- Raw honey
- Pineapple tidbits
Place half brown sugar on bottom of crock pot. Put in ham (skin side up).
Pour raw honey over ham. Add rest of brown sugar. Pour pineapple over ham
Cook for 7-8 hours on low or 5 on high.